Colts QB Andrew Luck, former No. 1 pick, announces he’s retiring

(CNN) — Quarterback Andrew Luck, the first pick from the 2012 NFL draft along with a four-time Pro Bowl choice, announced on Saturday night he’s retiring.
“This is not a simple choice,” the Indianapolis Colts participant told reporters. “For the last four decades or so I have been in this cycle of harm, pain, rehabilitation, injury, pain, and rehabilitation. And it has been unceasing and unrelenting… and the only real way I see out is to no longer play football.”
From acting in the preseason injuries had kept Luck, 29. He had been about the Colts’ sideline Saturday. As the news of his retirement spread, Luck had been booed as he left the area, numerous videos shared on the web show.
Luck said that the pain has taken away his joy and he has not been in a position to live. He and the 2016 year performed in pain,” he left a vow he would not go down that road again, and said.
He also missed the whole 2017 season because he had been recovering from shoulder surgery, according to the Colts site. After he returned for the 2018 year, he had a 98.7percent passer rating, 39 touchdowns and was chosen for the 2018 Pro Bowl. Luck had been given the AP Comeback Player of the Year that season.
However he said that since he couldn’t put his heart to the match; he’d have been promoting himself and his teammates short.
He said he told his teammates before he was retiring.
Luck signed a $122 million deal in 2016, based on spotrac.com. He would have earned a base salary of $9.125 million in 2019 along with a roll up bonus.
The year opens September 8.

Read more: https://montanayouthrugby.org/champions-league-betting-odds/

Facebooktwitterlinkedinmail

Geef een antwoord

Het e-mailadres wordt niet gepubliceerd. Vereiste velden zijn gemarkeerd met *